We are excited to announce the return of our original 5-mile canoe trip down the Bronx River. After a 2-year break due to construction of the Bronx River's first-ever fish passage, our 5-miler is BACK!
Paddle for a great cause!
Join us for the opening of our paddling season at the Amazing Bronx River Flotilla and help us reach our goal
to support our Canoe program to offer free and low-cost paddling adventures for over 1,000 Bronx youth
How does it work?
A designated captain will take the lead in forming a team of 6 people (in 3 canoes) and paddle 5-mile down the Bronx River. Each team will commit to fundraising a total of $2,000 ($300 per person). Individual spots are also available on our open team. We'll support you in reaching your fundraising goal by providing you with your very own online fundraising webpage
to spread the word to family, friends and social network.
Are you a participant on the 5-mile paddle?
- Starting point: Your trip will start at 219th Street and Bronx Blvd. Click here for more detailed directions.
- Ending point: Your trip will end at Hunts Point Riverside Park. Shuttle transportation will be provided from the park to the "2" and "6" train line. Vans will leave the park at 2:00 pm, 2:30 pm, 3:00 pm, and 3:30 pm. To reach the starting location of the 5-mile canoe trip, you can take "2" train from Simpson Street station to the 219th Street station and walk three blocks west back to the river.
Do you want to join the celebration but you are not paddling?
Come straight to Hunts Point Riverside Park where we will celebrate with fun and free activities for the entire family to enjoy! Click here for more detailed directions to Hunts Point Riverside Park.
$50 (Tax-deductible and does not apply towards fundraising goal). We will provide you with all the necessary equipment: a canoe, paddles and life vests for your team. All participants will receive a t-shirt and a goody bag. There will be fun prizes for the top fundraising teams and individuals.
Public Ceremony and Celebration:
After the canoe race, we will celebrate the winners and kick off an afternoon of festivities as we mark the beginning of paddling season at Hunts Point Riverside Park, with music, food, Zumba, Capoiera and much more!
Schedule of Activities
12:00 pm- 3:00 pm Afternoon Activities -FREE- Kick off the paddling season and enjoy an afternoon in Hunts Point Riverside Park!
- Free and guided rowing opportunities for all ages and abilities by Rocking the Boat
- Live music and performances, including Afro-Cuban dance performances and lessons by Rebecca Bliss.
- Activities by the Bronx Children's Museum
- Tons of grass, sunshine and much more!
1:00 pm Public Ceremony-FREE- After the 5 mile paddle, we'll cheer and celebrate the finishers and have an awards ceremony with a special guest host.
Spots are limited for the 5-mile paddle, so pull together your family, friends and colleagues and form your team. Come up with an exciting team name and designated captain. To get started, contact Maggie Greenfield at email@example.com or (718)430-4635.
Got questions about the 2015 Flotilla? View our Frequently Asked Questions
or call us at 718-430-4665.
Thank You to our Sponsors for their Support of the Amazing Bronx River Flotilla!